|Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies|
There was a period of time where I'd make at least 3 batches of these cookies per week since my dad and brother would eat 3 in a row. They have been sold at bake sales, given away as Christmas presents, and surprise treats for friends. Sometimes, I call them my 'bear poop cookies'; bears eat berries, and these cookies are chunky. Ok sorry, I shouldn't ruin your appetite...
These cookies are soft, chewy, healthy, quick, and impress every time.Give this cookie your own flair by changing up the mix-ins!
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Oceanspray
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup oats
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup mix ins (I used dried cranberries and chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in mix-ins.
- Drop by mounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.