|Chocolate Coconut Pudding|
The summer temperatures continue to prevail where I live and the craving for cold treats occurs frequently throughout the day. To the point where I don't have much interest in eating dinner as it usually consists of very hot foods like soup and steaming rice.
After school, my stomach is growling and I usually end up eating my biggest meal. Some days I'm naughty eat a few too many Snap Pea Crisps and peanuts, but today I decided to put some effort into making a snack.
Before I left for band class this morning, I asked my father to help me crack open a coconut ahead of time so I would be able to access the innards when I arrived home. Today's coconut was opened very beautifully; I assume he got enough practice from the previous ones earlier this week. It's a bit of a tedious process carefully spooning out the coconut water and then scrapping the meat out. But trust me, your efforts will not go to waste.
|Preparing for Chocolate Coconut Pudding|
Chocolate Coconut Pudding
Slightly Adapted from Detoxinista
Yield: 1 big serving
- Meat from 1 young coconut
- ¼ cup fresh coconut water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- Coconut milk
- Chocolate condensed milk
- Frozen raspberries
- Combine the coconut meat, coconut water, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener and ice cubes into a blender container, and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Adjust sweetness to taste, and top with a drizzle of coconut milk, chocolate condensed milk and a few frozen raspberries. Serve immediately!