Friday 17 May 2013

Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Salad with Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
The smell of meyer lemons are intoxicating. I can't help but stick my nose by these lemons every time I pass them at the supermarket. They're the 'sweet and tart' descendant of normal lemons. If you want to make the best out of lemon recipes, meyer lemons are the way to go.

Meyer Lemons
To start off my rainy long weekend, I brought home two bags of meyer lemons. Springtime is the season for these babies, so I feel so festive using them in recipes now. They are super cheap, only $1 for both bags! But that was because they were old stock and were getting squishy and soft. Not going to stop Coconut Crumpet from experimenting with their flavours! I've been itching to cook with meyer lemons for the longest time, due to my obsession with their smell. 

The fastest way to deal with these over-ripe lemons was to start juicing them! There is a large box of mixed greens sitting my fridge still waiting to be cleared, so salad it is! This dressing is similar to my basic honey balsamic vinaigrette, but fresher, lighter, and tangy-er. Even more suitable for the warm season ahead. I can't wait for summer~


Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Yield: A bit more than ⅓ cup 

Ingredients
  • 2 meyer lemons, juiced
  • Zest of 1 meyer lemon
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • A splash of balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cracks of freshly ground pepper
Directions
  1. Whisk until homogenous and mix with your salad. A fruity salad pairs well with the sweetness of the honey. Store in the refrigerator when not in use.
Love from Coconut Crumpet's Corner ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment