|Green Egg Salad made with Avocado|
|Green Egg Salad Sandwich|
This is a very green salad. Celery bits give a bit of crunch, green onion and basil (freshly picked from my new basil plant!) add flavour, and avocado binds the mixture together and adds various textures. If I had fresh spinach laying around, I'd add that too! The richness and creaminess comes from mashed avocado and a tad bit of Greek yogurt. You won't miss the fatty mayonnaise at all. I think avocado brings so much more to an egg salad. You see, my relationship with mayonnaise is the same with my relationship with butter, if not worse. Blech! This recipe is made from wholesome ingredients; no weird preservatives or chemicals added!
With a best friend, a bucket of cherries, and sunshine through the window, it was an ideal way to spend a summer day.
Green Egg Salad
Yield: 2 generously filled sandwiches
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped into chunks
- ½ green onion, chopped
- ½ stalk of celery, chopped into small bits
- 1 basil leaf, julienned
- 1 avocado, divided
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, green onion, celery, and basil.
- In a separate bowl, mash ¾ of the avocado. Stir in Greek yogurt and season with black pepper.
- Cut the last ¼ of the avocado into small cubes and combine with egg mixture.
- Add mashed avocado mixture into egg mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Serve in a sandwich with extra black pepper. Store in the fridge when not using.